WHY SHOULD WE SAVE FOLK ARTS ?
INDIAN FOLK ARTS , as we might know , has a diverse variety of styles originated from diverse places by diverse communities of people . They portray a lot of details , and bring in lot of history with them .
What is so special about them is how each of them tell a story . With increased modernisation and industrialisation in today’s world , they are slowly dying. But we as artists always have the power to revive them back to life , to practice and embrace the cultural significance and history of each of these art forms that arise from different social and linguistic group .
THE BEAUTY OF FOLK ARTS
It is characterized by its simplicity, vivid colours, and use of local materials. Folk artists draw inspiration from their surroundings, creating pieces that celebrate nature, spirituality, folklore, and the collective memory of their community.
SOME OF THE FOLK ARTS AND THEIR ORIGIN :
1.PATTACHITRA from Odisha , West Bengal , parts of Bangladesh.
2.PHAD PAINTING from Rajasthan.
3.KALAMKARI from Andhra Pradesh.
4.MADHUBANI from Bihar .
5. MYSORE PAINTING from Mysore , Karnataka.
6. TANJORE PAINTING from Tanjore , Tamilnadu.
7.GOND ART spread over the states of Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, and Odisha.
8.KERALA MURAL from Kerala.
9.AIPAN ART from Kumaon in the Indian Himalayas.
10.WARLI ART from Maharashtra .
and the list goes on .
WHY IS IT SIGNIFICANT TO BE PRACTICE AND PRESERVE THESE FOLK ARTS?
- CULTURAL PRESERVATION We live in a country of vast culture and that makes it a very beautiful place of living , to live , to witness and to experience various cultures of significance and meaning . The art forms carry such interesting details and stories and could be accessed now by us , it is not too late to approach these art forms . With the increase in minimalism and western influence , we are slowly getting away from maximalism and details to stick to minimalism , it is certainly a choice , but how boring would it be to stick to minimalism when we have a a variety of rich art forms to access to rather than being too basic.
- Uplift Indian artist groups These artists who practice folk art put in their patience and love along with their story telling in their arts , it is of impact , they manage to do such details with such precision with utter passion for the artform , they keep the artforms alive , they add value to the country’s cultural heritage , the least we could do is appreciate and support their work.
- Unity in Diversity It brings about people together and create a shared purpose and identity , brings about collectiveness , people building connections through common goals is beautiful . It helps each understand to appreciate other art groups and appreciate. They are distinctive and original.
- Creating Social Awareness and Educating Folk art was always a popular medium to educate raise awareness and concerns, bring about dialogue on important topics like environment, health, human rights etc thereby being a great impact on the world , making the world a better place of living.
What are folk arts courses we offer ?
If you are in Bengaluru and interested in art , there is always a choice to pick folk arts with us apart from other art forms we teach , if you are keen on saving Indian arts which is very appreciable , our classrooms are for you , connect with our lovely faculty in the peaceful ambience of therapeutic vibrations in our art class to learn Madhubani , Kalamkari , Gond Art , Warli Art .
Create stories with your art , connect with yourself and us in this place to connect more with art , lets bring out the cultures that is getting extinct with our art , let us create to inspire others to create , for more information visit our site or click the link below .